Monday maintenance: blog headlines, compliment, loading time


Seriously, at some point i'm just going to take Google's word for what's spam & what isn't.   But for now, i'm still reading all the spam comments.

  Here is a good comment that may have been published with its post

 if the commenter had signed in:

  I think what you published made a great deal of sense. But, think about this, suppose you were to write a awesome headline? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added something
that grabbed people's attention? I mean "Did it!" is a little plain.
You ought to peek at Yahoo's home page and note how they write news headlines to get viewers interested. You might add a video or a picture or two to get readers interested about what you've got to say. In my opinion, it might make your blog a little livelier.

  Um, no.  Actually i can make  arresting headlines, and do so on occasion.  Once i titled a PTA convention post with references to the speakers.  Until "Did it!" went viral, with a thousand hits in a month, the 300 hits on the PTA convention post were the most i had.
  Some of my posts i actually don't want people to necessarily find.  The convention one, i'm not ashamed of it, but it's not what i'm here for.  "Did it!" is, but not only does it have ten times more hits than anything else, but its viewers tend to leave HUNDREDS of spam comments.
  i'm not retitling that one.  But thank you for your kind words & concern.

Another compliment:

  Sometimes people keep trying.  This is one version:
My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I might
as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.

  And i hope you continue to find what you want.  i have another Medicaid post i need to work on soon, if life's other stuff allows.

Browser issues:

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?
I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end
or if it's the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.
  In another of this commenter's attempts, he asks for feedback to discuss browser issues.
  i suppose i could accept comments of that nature on THIS post.  But not on a post which deals with an entirely other issue. 
  And please, please, please, sign in.
  For what it's worth, most of my comments are about how speedy this site loads.  Boom tells me that Explorer is generally slower-loading.  If you have Explorer, you might add another browser.

Guest Bloggers

  A couple of people have asked about writing a guest post for me.
  i'll consider it.  But i need you to email me first.  If i only know you through your anonymous comment, it ain't gonna happen. Your intended post needs to be - must i say it - relevant to the topics i normally discuss.  Do you have a unique perspective, something to add?    You should expect editing, and approval to submit is not necessarily approval to publish here.

Thanks for coming here.

  Remember, i get HUNDREDS of anonymous, off-topic comments like these.
  Can you imagine what this blog would be like if i approved all of them? 
  Somehow, i don't think the end result would be interesting or informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.