getting a picture onto my computer

Loading my Pictures, Step 1

  With my actual cameras, i upload my pics with a cable.  i haven't been able to do that with my no longer quite so new phone, so i email the pictures to myself.
  From my gmail, which is on the phone, to my older, Ameritech account, which isn't.  i've not been able to figure out how to upload from a draft email, though the gmail account shows up on the phone and the laptop.

Scanning to File, Before and After

 When i was getting used to the new scanner/printer, i could simply scan to file, on the computer, directly from the printer/scanner.  But then, in one of my genius, complicating, unnoticed actions, i messed that up. Can't do that any more.
  But, hey, no problem, MyGuy showed me how to scan to file by entering from the computer: left click on the Start menu, scroll through the alphabetical listing of programs, then choose the one Epson listing (NOT the other, which looked to me like it should do the same thing).  That would give me a preview scan window, and i could do my scan onto the computer that way.
  But.  A few weeks back, i somehow broke the left click functionality from the start menu.  Not from other places, just there.  But no problem - again, MyGuy showed me how to sign out ,just a right click on start.
  i thought.
  Uh oh.  Problem.  i can't get to Epson from there. My plan had been for this week to scan some kids growing up scrapbook pages, but that will have to wait until either i lug those books to a photo kiosk, or decide to take the pages out & photograph then  email them. 
  Always something, here on the Computer Farm.
  
 
You might enjoy the quotes here.  Funny ones earlier, thought-provoking toward the end.
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/funny-technology-quotes-2892767

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.