Not Quite Wordless Wednesday: The Beast in the House

  While my new knee, total knee replacement, is doing well (nice to remember what normal walking is!), the swelling in my leg hadn't gone down. So now i have a new diagnosis, lymphedema.
  It seems mine began in adolescence, about the time my legs changed from chubby child to serious thunder thighs.  But it hadn't gotten bad until the stress of the latest surgery.
This is my new lifelong buddy

Contents of the Box: 3 pieces of pumping garment Yes, that's me inside the grey stuff, with my feet up.  It massages me, very comfortably, and squishes pooled up lymph into, shall we say, the proper exit route.
one source highly respected in the profession:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lymphedema/symptoms-causes/syc-20374682

https://www.tactilemedical.com/about-lymphedema/
good information here too, & TM happens to be the manufacturer of my pump system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.