A Beauty Tip - For the Brave (Or is that Stupid?)

  You won't find many beauty tips on my blog.  This one appears because my stylist complimented me on my "beautiful, 'natural' brow arch."
  After i stopped laughing, i told her the story, and i thought ya'll might be interested too.



  Back when i didn't have to puncture my cheek with my tongue to say i was 11, my brow was that unibrow/monobrow thing.  i didn't know waxing was an option - my mom had had disastrous results with that, and wax was a banned substance - so i tweezed.
  With rubbing alcohol on cotton balls.  Well, at first i just tweezed.
  But rubbing alcohol is good for other stuff, so i added it to the mix, and soon noticed that the little eyebrow hairs came out by the roots if i first swabbed with it.  And i very seldom got the stuff in my eyes.  For that reason, it was best to tweeze before a bathroom mirror, not one in the bedroom, so that i could quickly flush my eye with runningwater.  Painful, you bet.  (Dangerous, too, and i don't really recommend this, despite my notable success.)

  From the time i was 11 until my mid20s, i did this, first often, then at decreasing intervals.  Then i realized i didn't have to do it at all any more.
  It's been over 20 years since i touched tweezers to my eyebrows.  Now if i was still so intrepid, i would apply the same technique, less dangerously, to those pesky chin hairs. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.