Life on the Computer Farm: Mail Error & Chronotypes

  Tuesday morning my main email account worked just fine.
  Sometime while i was out Tuesday, my mailhost decided that my password was not my password and my main language is Spanish.

 Did i Mistype It?

  Now i am as prone to mistyping a password as the next person.  And some of the less used ones i have lost due to memory problems, or have written somewhere (tip:  if you didn't know it already, that's a bad security practice.)
  But this one i use several times a day.  i watched myself type it over a dozen times, only to be rejected.  i had it right, Tuesday & Wednesday.  That IS my password.

What's the Language?

  And Spanish?  i'll try not to laugh.  i have spent more than my share of time in foreign language classes, but Spanish was not among them.  All the Spanish i know is from things like Sesame Street and "Caution: Wet Floor" signs.

Resolution?  No

  Last night MyGuy, aka House Computer Administrator, and i sat down to try to resolve the problem.
  Alas, we could not get in.

Maybe Tomorrow

  Fortunatelly his Christmas break has begun.  We can try again in the morning, when My(lark)Guy is awake & alert.  It will also give the mailhost awhile to work on their 504 Error, and maybe my owl self will even be alert enough to make some worthwhile contribution.
  And maybe i'll get my primary mail back before there's over 200 messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.