"Six months, tops."
Well, every story is different. Things change all the time.
- In August 2012, MyGuy and i were having a much=needed getaway in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
The 5Star Wilderness - with 90s Style Technology!
- Then we applied for Medicaid, because that's where the waiver funds come from. Mind you, i'd done that when we initially applied, but there was no record of that on government file, and my files are too too hopeless.
- A year ago we were denied. Max's Disney stock put him over the limit financially, though his disability puts him WAAAAY within guidelines.
- Last week i submitted a new Medicaid application.
- Tuesday i was called to set an appointment with Family Services.
- We went today and were told Max is accepted. We should call the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities when the confirmation letter arrives.
- But BDDS called ME this afternoon, checking on Max's status re Medicaid.
Finally things are moving.
Written Thursday, 2/27/14, for publication Friday, 2/28
No links today: see above Autism, Special Needs, and Finding Help in IN. Also you might want to search this blog right on the topics i've mentioned, or look below for tags.
For updates to this story, check my tags Life with Max and Medicaid. Not every post so tagged will have an upddate, but that's where you will find it.
Comments: So many of you are seending in wonder-full compliments. Thank you so much. Please understand that i read them all, though i may not post your comment. Look at it this way: i would like the comments to be as informative to an incoming reader as the article itself. They should add to my content.
That said, many do deserve a response. If you go to my homepage in a week or two after posting, i should have responded to some of the more interssting comments. You should also be able to find them under a tag like "Monday Maintenance" or such.
Again, thank you for your kind words. i hope you look around and continue to enjoy reading me.