Interacting with me: How to Not have me think you're spam


  i'm going to quote this submitted comment exactly.  What do you think?

  "Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My website is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you."
   Okay, i would've liked to have approved this.  What we see here looks good.  Blogger classed it as spam, and others advise me to delete just on those grounds.
  i don't.
  She (since i must use a gendered pronoun: English's genderless one implies less than human) says her visitors would benefit from my info.  Well, i may be prejudiced, but i think anyone would.
  i visited this person's site. i don't see any relevance this site has to mine - it's health/sports related.  It's not even related to the particular post it appeared with.  Not that i write that much about such topics, but this was so much NOT such a topic as to look off the wall.  And the site may be ok, but it didn't look like something whose association would increase my site's value.
  "Please let me know if this okay with you."  Not a huge thing, though i do notice grammar, but grammar errors are supposed to be a giveaway of spam.  (okay, so you are seeing bad grammar here - i use the lower case i for a reason.  It's part of my commuunication.)
It's anonymous.  No name, not even a made-up one, on the email or profile.
Actually, i'd like to say yes, and i'd like you to email me to ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.