End of Year Valerie Recap

  • It's been several years since my hand surgeries.  i had them done by two different surgeons.  Strangely, my dominant hand/left healed better & more quickly than my right. If you look carefully above, you can even still see the scar on the right hand only. Also, since the surgeries, not only is there less/no pain, but i can wear my gloves only when the weather is cold.  Before, i needed them all the time to keep the pain down.
  • My knee arthritis is getting worse, but i've chosen my surgeon.  Recently i visited him for the second time.  He told me to keep on with the weight loss and exercise (yeah) & we should be able to do it in six months.  i'm looking forward to being healed from the surgery, not having it.
  • In conjunction with the surgery anticipation, i'm seeing an endocrinologist. She specializes in diabetes and weight loss.  Since i do not wish (strongly do not wish) to have weight reduction surgery, i am taking a course of Contrave with her.  She is satisfied with my loss to date, like my surgeon, and i must say it's been the easiest weight loss i've had.
  • i'm Max's primary transportation to everything he's doing.  Which means this "owl" needs to get going early since, like his dad, Max is a "lark."
  • When Max is having yoga, i walk in the gym.
  • i've been reading a LOT lately.  Easier than moving constantly, which isn't to say i'm sessile.
  • And LOVING the new bathrooms, especially the grab rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.