Nearly Wordless Wednesday: Recent & Not so Recent Art Project

 
My work is below, and Mark's reference is in the window of my tote bag.

   A few years ago, i attended the SDP Conference in the Chicago area. The morning i took this class was - um, unique.
i drove from my room to the classroom, got out of the car, locked it - and promptly slammed the door with my keys in my supply bag, still in the car. 
  So i called AAA and waited for them to unlock it.  Mostly waited in class, since they were going to call me before coming.
  But here is where the "unique" part came in.  i asked the dispatcher how many numbers from the card she wanted, and she told me never mind, she'd look me up by name.
  Fine and dandy.  But she must have missed hearing the part about i wasn't local, so she sent the technician to some OTHER Valerie Wood.
  Most of the class , i spent elsewhere, though i did get a good start, since the instructor loaned me a pencil.
  Anyway, since i missed most of my class, well, i didn't finish it that day.  It's nearly done now, and soon i'll email it to Mark for a critique, as he asked we do.

An interview with Mark Menendez: https://www.artistsnetwork.com/magazine/it-was-a-little-tacky-painting-portraits/
A similar wolf by Mark: https://www.menendezartstudio.com/color-pencil-projects?lightbox=dataItem-jb40ohmc

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog
    and wished to mention that I have truly loved browsing your blog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.