Saturday Sisters - Esther

In the occasional series ~~~
aI trust in God.  I praise His word.
I trust in God.  I will not be afraid.
What can people do to me?
Psalm 56:4 NIrV
The story of Esther is
a fascinating one.
Doesn't every woman want to be the beautiful heroine who saves the day?

   So many times we read the Bible and, if we think about the time involved at all, think the events took place in the amount of time it takes to read about them.  

    Like in the book of Esther. There was a feast; the king got mad, and so he divorced his wife. 
                  But, now he was lonely.
A man needs a wife.

His advisors prescribed a kingdom-wide search for a royally beautiful girl, a beauty contest whose like had not been seen before, and - bang!

Esther was queen.

    Then next month she saved her people, right?

 Well, not exactly


There was a feast; the king got mad, there was the divorce and beauty contest.
     But Esther had been married over five years when she learned of her people's danger. 
    Her husband had not seen or spoken to her in several months. She wasn't just risking his anger by approaching him. The law granted the king the right to execute her. x
xxWith the loving guidance and truthful conviction, Esther’s relative, Mordecai, spoke the words that resonated in Esther’s heart, prodding her to risk her own life for the life of her people:
And who knows
but that you have come
to royal position for
such a time as this?
Esther 4:14b NIV
And what was Esther’s reply:
. . .And thus I will go
in to the king,
which is not according to the law;
and if I perish, I perish.
                                    Esther 4:16
Be gracious, O God,
for man has trampled upon me;
Fighting all day long he oppresses me.
When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You. 
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid. 
What can mere man do to me?
                                                                                  Psalm 56:1,3,4
Esther accepted the risk of the path God had chosen for her and she stepped forward in faith with prayer and fasting and action!
When trouble surrounded me, I cried out to the Eternal;
    He answered me and brought me to a wide, open space.
  The Eternal is with me,
    so I will not be afraid of anything.
    If God is on my side, how can anyone hurt me?
The Eternal is on my side, a champion for my cause;
    so when I look at those who hate me, victory will be in sight.
It is better to put your faith in the Eternal for your security
    than to trust in people.
It is better to put your faith in Him for your security
    than to trust in princes
             Psalm 118:9,10The Voice

He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,” 

 so that we confidently say,
The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
What will man do to me?”
                                 Hebrews 13:5b-6 NASB

In 2012 Purim begins March 8.  In this Purim 2012 Guide, you will learn about a Scripture reading for today, the Saturday (Sabbath) before Purim begins, and a traditional Jewish way to celebrate what God did for the nation of Israel in Esther's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.