More About PCP

  In the continuing saga of our little computer farm, i've written of the addition of a digital signature key to my main email account.
  Usually it works.
  Sometimes the encryption fails and i can't send a message.
  Sometimes
(and i used to do this to MyGuy back when) a friend will write back), "I can't open your attachment."
  Annoying.

  The whole point of a digi key

 is that only people who have the key can open it.  For the rest of the world, it's a matter of saying, "This is me.  Accept no substitutes."  So my friends will know that the work at home scheme or whatever is not from me.

System Failure

  Although it doesn't even work that way for me.  If i send webmail, i can't use digital encryption.  And if i use a different computer, it's supposed to be set up to work the same, because they're networked in our home, but it doesn't work like that.
  So many of the home networkthings that work for MyGuy do not work for me.  We say it's my gift.

Questions, Questions

  So periodically, when it does work, i find myself answering my friends' queries about, "I can't open your attachment."   Here's the answer.
  Don't sweat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.