Two Recent Things that Made My Day

another view of Whitefish Point
  Last week i was having breakfast with a girlfriend.  As often happens,
the conversation turned to the world of education, and the fella in the next booth decided he needed to join in.
  We didn't mind.
  He said he could tell from our conversation that we were both teachers.
  Well, my friend is.  Licensed, even, though she doesn't work in the public schools.
  But me?  i've spent my entire life running from the career.

 

Can Run, Can't Hide?

  i guess some things you can run from, but can't hide from?
  i said no, i'm not a teacher, just an involved parent.
  And why not?  Shouldn't that be the norm?

 

And Thing Two

  Oh, yeah, the photo.  i've got nearly 400 vacation photos, but i don't carry them all around to show people.  Right now i think i'm up to about 40 in my "traveling collection," but i think i've already shown them to everyone who's likely to want to see them.
  Anyway, in my Sunday school class, someone got to see them before she knew they were mine, or where they were from.
  Another person asked her about them, and she replied, "They belong to someone who knows how to take pictures."
  Talk about making me feel REALLY good. .  . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

i look forward to your comments! Thank you for sharing them.